The UWHEN Goals
- Identifying women leaders.
- Developing their leadership abilities.
- Encouraging the use of those abilities.
- Advancing women’s careers.
- Linking them to other women and mentors.
- Supporting women in mid- and executive-level positions.
The UWHEN Mission
As part of the state-wide Utah Women in Higher Education Network, the UWHEN/DSU Chapter’s purpose is to bring faculty and staff together in a community that values and supports women’s leadership development at Dixie State University. It is envisioned this organization will:
- promote and support women’s professional and leadership development (at all levels for faculty and staff)
- foster connections across campus, with our local community and at the state level
- work collaboratively to identify and drive needed change to support female faculty and staff
Every full and part-time faculty and staff member (female and male) interested in supporting and developing women on campus is encouraged to participate. And while UWHEN is specifically dedicated to supporting female faculty and staff, our work will benefit the entire campus, including students through our close connection with the Women’s Resource Center
2019 spring leadership conference at Dixie state university
The 2019 Spring Leadership conference will held at Dixie State University on Friday, April 5, 2019. This year’s theme is “Rise–How Women Rise Together.”
For more information and to submit a proposal to present at the conference, please use this link.